How to upload, share and sign a document?
How to upload a document?
1. On the Dokobit portal login page, verify your identity using one of the supported electronic identification tools.
2. After a successful login, you will be taken to your document listing page. To upload a new document for signing, click the "Upload document" button on the right side of the screen.
3. Select a signed document format (section no. 1). Dokobit currently supports two international document formats: PDF and ASiCe. Dokobit also supports national Lithuanian, Estonian, and Latvian document formats - ADoc, BDoc, and EDoc.
Note: you will select the format of the document that you will be able to download after signing, not the format of the document you are uploading.
4. There are three ways to upload the document (section no. 2): you can drag and drop it to the grey upload area, click on the grey upload area or you can use the "Browse" button to locate and upload a file from your computer. The document name will be set as the same indicated in the file name, but you can edit and change it if needed.
Note: The maximum size of a document you can upload for signing is 500 MB.
5. To invite other parties to sign, start typing their email address or select a person from the dropdown list from your address book (section no. 3). You can also invite a participant using the "Add" or "Quick add" buttons from your address book, using the participant's personal code, or email address. More information can be found here: How to share a document?
Note: PDF format documents can contain a maximum of 40 signatures. Container-based (ASiCE, ADoc, EDoc, BDoc) documents do not have any particular signature limit, however, we recommend adding up to 100 signers in such documents.
6. You can choose every participant's role next to their name, whether this person must sign the document, approve the document, or has access to it. The "Access" role is available to all users, "Approval" role is available to "Business" and "Enterprise" plan users.
7. You can leave a message for participants if you want.
8. In section no. 4, you will be able to set document options. You can add a "Document category", set "Signing deadline", select signature's annotation place (if it is PDF format document), and select that a document could only be signed using a qualified electronic signature. If you want to allow viewing or signing a document without registering into the portal then you can check the box "Allow signing or viewing this document without Dokobit account" - users will be able to view or sign the document without registering to the Dokobit portal.
9. To go to the signing page, press "Continue to sign" (this button will be visible if you are the only participant and your role is "Signature") or "Send" (if there are more participants). If you are the only participant with a role "Approval" or "Access", click the "Continue" button.
How to sign a document?
After uploading the document and clicking "Continue" or "Send" you will be redirected to the document. You can also open the document on your document listing page (see Step 2) by clicking on the name of the document.
10. To sign a document, click the "Sign" button at the top of the page (you will be redirected to the bottom of the page).
Or click the "Sign" button at the bottom of the page and proceed with signing according to the chosen eID tool.
Note: If you were invited to sign a document and the document owner has checked the box "Do not allow signing after deadline", then after the due date you will not be able to sign this document. You will not be able to see the "Sign" button at the bottom of the page and in 3. Participants section there will be a note "Missed deadline to sign" visible. If you still need to sign the document, please contact the person who is the document owner (the name could be visible in 3. Participants section with the note "Document owner").
11. If you are not willing to sign a document, you can decline to sign it. Simply click the "Decline to sign" button. A pop-up window will appear, where you will be able to enter the reason why you are declining to sign a document.
Note: You can change your decision about declining to sign the document. Open the document and scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Sign anyway".
12. After signing or declining to sign you will see this information next to your name.
13. After you sign the document, the information about the previous decline will no longer be visible next to your name.