How to sign documents using video-based identification?
Video-based identification is a document signing method that can be used without creating an eID tool or registering a Dokobit account. This function can be enabled in the portal only by our paid plan users ("Professional", "Business" and "Enterprise") and is available only with PDF format files.
To start using this method, you will need an internet connection, a valid ID, and a device with a working camera for capturing your face.
Note: Please be aware that the price per signature for this signing method is 5 EUR + VAT. The cost will be covered by the document owner who is financially responsible for all signatures from all parties involved.
To start signing documents with a qualified e-signature by using video-based identification, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the signing invitation in your email and click "Review and sign".
3. Get familiar with the requirements to make sure that you'll be able to successfully sign the document, and then click "Continue".
4. Accept the terms by marking both of the checkboxes and then click "Continue".
5. Choose the appropriate country from the drop-down menu as well as the document type and then click "Start".
Note: This signing method will not be available to you if your document was issued by a country that is not listed in the drop-down menu.
6. Your web browser will ask your permission to use your microphone and camera. Click "Allow".
Example of Google Chrome's "block or allow" pop-up window requiring your permission:
7. The camera on your device will turn on and ask you to position the front of your document to fit the frame. Follow the prompts to make sure you do it correctly.
8. Once your document has been accepted, follow the prompts for capturing your face to ensure a successful identity verification process.
9. After the recording, enter your phone number to receive a code for verifying your phone and click "Continue".
10. Enter the code you received on your mobile device and click "Continue".
11. Please wait for your identity to be verified.
Note: The verification process might take up to 5 minutes. Don't worry if you end up exceeding this waiting time – sometimes it can take longer.
12. If you've successfully passed the identification process, you will see an announcement stating "Your identity has been verified". Accept the certification terms by marking both of the checkboxes and then click "Continue".
13. Choose the appropriate country in the drop-down menu and enter your phone number to receive the verification code for signing the document and then click "Continue".
14. Enter the code that was sent to your phone.
Note: If you failed to receive the code, click "I cannot get the code, I want a new one".
15. Congratulations, you've successfully signed the document!
If you wish to download a signed copy, click "Download signed document".
Note: If there are other participants who still have not signed the document, then you will receive a download link to your email instead (once everyone has successfully signed).