Sharing for accountless signing
In the Dokobit portal, you can allow access to a document without login or signup to a portal. It is useful if a person you share the document with doesn’t have an account at Dokobit yet.
Note: This option is only available for paid plan users.
Signature invitation for an accountless signing
1. When uploading the document and adding the participants, in section 4 "Set document options" check the box "Allow signing documents without Dokobit account". After clicking "Continue" the participants will get an email invitation to sign the document.
The signing process for invited parties
2. From the invitation email, the invited parties will be taken straight to the document view window, where they can see the document (or download, if the file is not in PDF format). After choosing the preferred signing method, the document can be signed without logging into the portal.
3. Signing can be declined by pressing the "Decline" button with the possibility to enter a decline reason.
Saving the signed document
4. After a successful signing, there will be an option to save the document in the portal, if the signer has a Dokobit portal account. If the signer has multiple accounts, then the signer must choose the account to save the document to.
5. Otherwise, the download link of the signed document will be sent to the signer's email address once the document is signed by all parties.