How to share a document?
You can add participants when uploading a new document or you can add them to a document that was already uploaded.
Adding participants when uploading a new document
While uploading a document, you can add other parties in the 3rd step of the document upload process. There are 3 ways to do that.
1. Add participants from your address book - start typing their name, email address, or personal code and select the person from the dropdown list.
If you enter an email or personal code that is not in your address book, you will get an option to add this person. Select this option and you will be able to add the participant by their email address or personal code.
2. Another way to share a document is by clicking "Add" in the 3rd step of the document upload.
You can search in your address book or add new contacts to it in the pop-up window as well.
Note: it is not necessary to have the participants in your address book in order to share the document with them. You can simply add participants by their email address or personal code.
Select the required tab ("Personal code" or "Email address") in the same pop-up window, enter the personal code (or email address) and click "Continue".
Note: only Lithuanian, Estonian, Latvian, Icelandic, and Norwegian personal codes can be entered when sharing the document using personal code.
If the person you have added is not registered at the portal, you will be presented with an option to send him a notification via email. Enter their email address and click "Continue".
When adding signers by their email address or personal code, you can select to add them to your address book as well by selecting the checkbox.
3. The third way to add participants is using the "Quick add" buttons for searching in your address book, using the participant's personal code or email address.
Adding participants to a document that was already uploaded
4. Open the document you want to share from the documents list and click "Share" at the top of the page.
You will be able to add participants from your address book, create new contacts or add signers by their email address or personal code in the same way as it is described in section 2 of this article.
5. You can also add participants by editing them - click on the button "Edit" in the 3rd step.
Then click "Add more participants" in the pop-up window. Here you will also be able to add signers from your address book or by their email address and personal code.
Allowing access to a document without registering to the portal
In the Dokobit portal, you can allow access to a document without registering to the portal. It is useful if a person you share the document with does not have an account at Dokobit yet.
6. When uploading a document, in the document options section there’s a checkbox “Allow signing or viewing documents without Dokobit account“. If you check it, signers will get an email invitation to sign the shared document and will be able to open that document and sign it right on their browser, without registration to the Dokobit portal.
Note: This option is only available for paid plan users. You can find more information about this feature by clicking here.
Sharing for accountless signing with authentication
In the Dokobit portal, you can securely share a document with a specific person only and allow him to access a document without registering to the portal. Sharing a document for accountless signing with a person using his personal code ensures that only this person could access the document. In order to review and sign the shared document, participants first will need to confirm their identity using the preferred authentication method.
7. When uploading the document, in section 3. “Add participants” add the participants using their personal code. Click the “Add” button (or use the “Quick add” section) and select sharing the document using personal code. Enter the personal code and click “Continue”.
8. Enter the participant’s email address to send him a notification. Enter the email address and click “Continue”. Note: this step is necessary when sharing the document with a person who does not have an account in the portal.
9. In section 4. “Set documents options” check the box “Allow signing or viewing documents without Dokobit account”. Click “Continue”. Note: if some participants' personal codes are not indicated, the notification will be visible that they will not be required to authenticate themselves to view the document.
Note: sharing for accountless signing is only available for paid plan users. You can find more information about this feature by clicking here.