Document access management and changing user roles
You can change user roles after the document is already uploaded (role changes are available for paid plan users). You can also delete users, that you already shared a document with, if they have not signed or approved it yet.
To change user role
1. Open the document, locate section no. 3 "Participants" and click on "Edit" button. Note: this button is only visible to document owner, company administrator or if you have document category editing rights that this document is added to.
2. In the "Edit participants" window adjust user roles as necessary by choosing participant role from the dropdown list.
3. You can also delete the user by clicking on the trash bin icon next to their name.
4. Click "Save" button to finish the action.
Note: you will not be able to delete or change roles of the users who have already signed or approved the document or delete the users who have been assigned by a document category. To delete participants who was added with the document category, first remove the document category from the document.
User role can also be chosen at the time of sharing a document.
If you are a document owner or a company administrator you can grant document owning right to any of your company users.
To change document owner
5. Open the document, locate section no. 2 "People" and click on "Access management" button.
6. In the "Edit participants" window click the "Document owner" button.
7. Search for required company user using the search bar by entering name or email address or locate the person from the list and click "Select user".
8. Make sure you have selected the right person and click "Transfer" button.
9. If the person has not previously been added as required to sign, Document owner will now be able to review the document.
10. All document owning rights now belong to selected user.
To revoke access from already invited participants
You will only be able to revoke access from the participant, if they did not sign or approve the document yet.
11. Open the document, locate section no. 3 "Participants" and click on "Edit" button.
12. Click the trash bin icon next to the person you want to revoke access to.
13. Participant can also be removed by clicking "…” (ellipsis) and "Remove participant” button next to their name in the no. 3 "Participants” section.