To manage your documents more easily, you can set up document categories. Categories are like folders, where you can add certain documents to distinguish them from the others. Later on, you can filter your documents by the category they belong to, or, if you are the owner or administrator of the company account, share this category in the organization or add company users who would automatically be invited to sign or review the documents within it.
In this article:
Creating document categories
1. Log in to the portal, and go to the settings by either clicking on the gear icon (located at the top, right side of the screen) or by clicking on your name to reveal the drop-down menu and then selecting "Settings".
2. Open the tab "Document categories".
3. Click the "Create new category" button.
4. In the "Settings" section, enter the title and choose the color of the category. If you are the owner or administrator of the company account, choose whether you want it to be shared within the company account by toggling the button.
Note: This means that all of the users will be able to add their documents to this category. It does not mean that they will be able to see all of the documents in this category.
5. In the "Users" section, you can grant any of your added users access to your category.
Note: This section is only visible to the company account owner or administrator.
Click in the search bar or start entering the user's name for the drop-down list of your company users to appear and make your selection.
6. Once you've made your selection, you will be able to choose one of these roles for the user: "Has access", "Must sign" or "Must approve".
- "Has access" means that all documents added to this category will be visible to this person for viewing.
- "Must sign" means that all documents added to this category will be sent to this person for signing.
- "Must approve" means that all documents added to this category will be assigned to this person for approval.
7. In the "Advanced" settings section you will be able to choose to:
- "Limit internal information visibility". This prevents non-company users from seeing the list of document viewers and their views or approvals in the audit trail.
- "Require qualified electronic signatures". Documents in this category can only be signed with qualified electronic signatures, that have an equivalent legal effect to handwritten signatures according to EU Regulation No 910/2014 (eIDAS).
8. In the "Integrations" section you can enter the URL where signed documents (in this document category) will be returned. This functionality is available for Dokobit Portal API users. More information about the Portal API solution can be found here.
9. To finish creating a document category, click the "Create" button in the bottom right corner of the window.
Creating document subcategories
10. Follow the steps from 1 to 4 as described at the beginning of this article.
11. From the "Parent category" drop-down list choose a category that will be higher than this subcategory you are creating.
12. Follow the steps from 5 to 8 to finish creating the category.
13. Subcategories let you create a category tree.
Editing or deleting document categories
14. Open the tab "Document categories".
15. Click on the category you wish to edit from the created category list.
16. On the right side you can review the category settings.
17. Click the "Actions" button and choose whether you want to edit or delete this category.
18. If you choose to delete a "Parent" category, all "Subcategories" will be deleted as well.
Note: The documents will not be deleted.
19. If you choose to edit the category, finish the action by clicking the green "Save" button at the bottom of the right side of the window.
Assigning document categories during document upload
20. Locate section no. 4, called "Set document options" and click the "Assign category" button.
21. Choose a category by checking the box on the left side of it and clicking "Save".
22. If you choose a subcategory, the parent category will be added to this document as well.
23. You can search a category by its title by entering it in the designated area under "Enter category name".
24. If the category with the entered title does not yet exist, you will be able to create a new category by clicking "Create".
25. You will then be able to set the category title, choose a parent category if necessary and choose whether the category is shared in the company and whether it is required to sign documents with a qualified electronic signature.
26. To finish creating the category, click the "Create" button.
Assigning document categories to an already uploaded document
27. Select a document you want to add to a category from your document listing page.
28. Locate section no. 1, called "Information" and click the "Assign category" button and follow the steps 21-26 as described in this article.