How to manage my company users?
The tab "Users" is only visible to the company account owner and administrator (if additional company users have been purchased). In this tab, you can review your company users' statistics, add new users, and delete or suspend existing ones. The owner or administrator can also promote any of their company users to an administrator.
In this article:
Review your company users' statistics
1. Log in to the portal, and go to the settings by either clicking on the gear icon (located at the top, right side of the screen) or by clicking on your name to reveal the drop-down menu and then selecting "Settings".
2. Click the "Users" tab and locate the first section called "User statistics".
3. In the "Users statistics" section you will see:
- "Company users" – the total number of the company users you currently have.
Note: This number signifies the users that were added through invitations. The total number of the users you have bought can be found in the "Billing" tab in the "Overview" section;
- "Pending invitations" – the number of user invitations that were sent out for joining your company account, but were neither accepted nor yet declined;
- "Signatures used this month" – the total number of signatures used in a month by all of the added users;
- "Extra signatures this month" – the number of signatures that exceeded your paid plan limit;
- "Document storage" – the space which has been used up by the uploaded documents.
Review individual company user statistics
4. If the user accepts the invitation to join the company account and their status is "Active", you will be able to review their portal usage statistics for the current month by pressing the arrow on the left side of their name.
5. Here you will see:
- The user's position in the company and the company name (if these fields were filled out by the user in their profile settings);
- The last time the user logged in to the portal;
- The used up space for their document storage;
- The number of signatures that were used this month;
- The number of times the user logged in to the portal during the current month.
Download a user report
6. Download your company's user list with all existing statuses by clicking on "Export" and choosing a suitable format. Note: the user list includes all users with any statuses. It does not include statistics.
7. To export the user list to a downloadable file, click "Export".
8. Once the file is generated, you will get a notification email. By clicking on the "Access file" button, you will be redirected to the Dokobit portal “Users” page.
9. Scroll down to the "Exported files" section and click "Download" to download your company's user list. Note: you might need to refresh the page for the “Download” button to appear if you haven’t closed the “Users” page.
Create a new company user
10. Next to the section called "Users", click the "Add new user" button. The button is visible only if your company account has purchased additional users, but hasn't yet filled up all the positions. If you do not see this button, you must first purchase an additional user account and then you'll be able to add another one.
11. Fill in all the mandatory fields: "First name", "Last name", and "Email".
12. At the time of user creation, their contact is being created as well. Choose whether you want to share this contact with your other company users by checking the box "Share this contact in the organisation".
13. The new user will now get a notification to their email address that they were registered in the portal and will have to log in and verify their email address.
14. When the account is verified, the new user will instantly become a company user.
Invite a user to join the company account
15. If the invited user already has an account in the portal with the indicated email address, this information will be visible to you.
16. In this case, you can still invite the user to join the company account by clicking on the link.
17. This user will get an email invitation to join the company account. By logging in to the portal and accepting the invitation, the user agrees that the account manager (the company account owner) will gain full control of their account.
Note: Since you can have one "Free" Dokobit account, we always recommend keeping your personal and work account separate. It is better to use your work email address for your company account since the company admin gains full control it and can later delete it.
Manage/delete your company users' accounts
18. If the user does not accept the invitation to join the company account or does not verify their email, the company administrator will only be able to cancel the invitation by clicking the "Actions" button and "Cancel invitation" next to this user name in the section called "Users".
19. If the user joins the company account and their status is being shown as "Active" next to their name In the "Users" section, then the company admin will be able to:
- "Edit user" – edit the user's phone number, company title, and position in the company. The administrator can also choose whether this contact will be shared in the company by checking the box.
- "Transfer owner rights" – transfer your company account's ownership rights to any of your company users.
Note: This action is irreversible by the initial company account owner. Their company account ownership rights will be lost by transferring them to another user. However, this user can then transfer these rights back to the initial owner or any other user if necessary.
- "Promote to admin" – the administrator can promote any other user to become an administrator as well. An administrator will have the same user and document management rights as the owner, however, the administrator will not be able to change the plan or billing details and will not be able to manage the owner's account.
Note: The "Enterprise" plan has an additional feature that allows users to set different document visibility options for company administrators. You can find out more about this feature here: Document visibility permisions for company administrators.
- "Suspend user" – suspend the user's account, so that they would no longer be able to log in to this particular account. This feature is reversible and suspension can be removed when necessary.
- "View documents" – review all documents in the user's account.
- "Generate API token" – the administrator or the owner can generate API tokens for their company users. This token is necessary for the Dokobit Portal API solution that allows you to automate various document signing processes. More information about the Portal API solution can be found here.
- "Delete user" – permanently delete the company user account.
Note: This action is irreversible. By deleting a user, you will be permanently deleting their account, and access to all documents will be revoked.
20. You can use the search bar to look for one of your company users more easily by entering their name, last name, email address, or choosing their status.
Delete the company owner account
21. As the owner of a company account, you must first delete all company users to be able to delete your own account.
22. Click the "Delete Account" button at the bottom right corner of your profile page and confirm the action.
Note: All documents and data associated with this account will be permanently deleted and you will not be able to recover them later. Before you delete your account, we recommend that you download all of the documents that you want to keep.