Document visibility permissions for company administrators
In the Dokobit portal, the company account owner or administrator who has gained full visibility rights, can set different document visibility options for other company administrators. You can choose whether administrators should have full visibility, limited document visibility, or no document visibility.
Note: This feature is only available to the "Enterprise" plan users.
- Full visibility – an administrator who has gained full visibility rights has access to documents that have been uploaded and received by other company users (can view document contents; download and/or delete them; change document categories, etc.); has full user management rights (promote or demote administrator rights); can manage shared document categories; and add an e-seal (if the e-seal service has been purchased).
Note: The company account owner will always have full visibility.
- Limited visibility – an administrator who has limited visibility rights has partial access to company users' documents. They can rename and delete documents, enable the accountless setting, change deadlines, signature levels and add comments, see company usage reports, document reports, audit trails, set default company settings, manage company contacts (create shared contacts and categories) and have partial user management rights (can invite, suspend and delete company users).
- No visibility – an administrator who has no visibility rights can still see company usage reports, partial information in the company audit trail, set default company settings, manage company contacts (create shared contacts and categories) and have partial user management rights (can invite, suspend and delete company users). They will not be able to see any company documents that are not their own.
|No visibility||Limited visibility||Full visibility|
|Company document visibility||
|See document content||✓|
|Add, remove or change document categories||✓|
|Share a document||✓|
|Rename a document||✓|| ✓
|Delete a document||✓||✓|
|Enable/disable accountless setting||✓||✓|
|Change signature level||✓||✓|
|Add an e-seal*||✓|
|Manage shared categories||✓|
|Promote users administrators||✓|
|Demote administrators to company users||✓|
|Access user's documents||Partial**||✓|
|Suspend user||✓|| ✓
|Company data management|
|See usage report||✓||✓||✓|
|See documents' reports||✓||✓|
|See company audit trail||Partial***||✓||✓|
|Set default company settings||✓||✓||✓|
|Manage address book||✓||✓||✓|
|Create shared contacts||✓||✓||✓|
Create shared contact categories
* – This action is available only if an e-seal has been purchased.
** – Users with limited visibility can access other company user's documents, however, they cannot see the contents of the document; share or download the document; add, remove or change the document category.
*** – Users with no document visibility will be able to access the audit trail, however, they will only be able to see actions related to company user changes and billing/plan changes. These users will not see any actions that were made with other company user's documents.
How to change visibility rights for administrators
1. Log in to the portal, and go to the settings by either clicking on the gear icon (located at the top, right side of the screen) or by clicking on your name to reveal the drop-down menu and then selecting "Settings".
2. Click the "Users" tab.
3. Locate the "Users" section and choose the person that you'd like to promote as an administrator. Click "Actions" and select "Promote to admin".
4. You will then be able to choose the document visibility level for this administrator. Select your choice and click "Continue".
5. Confirm the action by clicking the "Confirm" button.
6. If you would like to change document visibility rights for an administrator, click the "Actions" button and select "Change document visibility".