How to sign a document that was shared with you
If you received an email invitation to sign a document in the Dokobit portal, follow the instructions below to find out how to access it and sign it.
In this article:
How to create a Dokobit account to sign a document that was shared with you
1. Open the Dokobit email invitation and click on the button "Review and sign".
2. Select the appropriate country and e-identification tool (full list of e-identification tools supported in the Dokobit portal is available here) and proceed with the identity verification process.
3. After successfully verifying your identity, enter your email address, agree to the Terms of Service, and click "Register".
4. A new page will load, asking you to complete the registration process by verifying your email address.
5. Check your inbox and open the account verification email. Verify your email address by clicking "Activate".
- Open the most recent account verification email (if you received multiple).
- Right-click on the "Activate" button, copy the link address and then paste it into a new internet browser tab or window.
6. After successfully verifying your email address, you will be taken to the front page of your portal account.
7. Click on the document that was shared with you, review the contents and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
8. In the section "4. Actions", pick the signing method of your choice and then click the "Sign" button to proceed with the signing process according to the eID tool.
A pop-up announcement will appear to let you know that the document was successfully signed.
How to sign a shared document without a Dokobit account
9. As described in the 1st step of this support article, open the Dokobit email invitation and click on the button "Review and sign" to be taken to the accountless signing page.
If the document owner shared the document with you by only imputing your email address, you will be granted immediate access to view the document.
If the document owner shared the document with you by also imputing your personal code, you will first be required to confirm your identity to view the document.
10. After reviewing the document, select the appropriate country and e-identification tool on the bottom right side of the screen and click "Continue" to proceed with the identity verification process according to your chosen eID tool.
If necessary, the document can also be declined by clicking on the "Decline" button on the left.
What should I do if I was sent a signing invitation to the wrong email address?
11. Open the document that was shared with you, as described in the 1st and 2nd steps of this support article.
12. After successfully verifying your identity, a new page will load. In the drop-down menu, choose an existing account and click "Save document".
13. In the following step, you can decide if you'd like to add your other email address to your current Dokobit account to automatically save all incoming documents in this one space or to transfer it only this once. When you've made your decision, click "Continue" to be taken to the document.
What should I do if I missed the signing deadline?
If the document owner enabled the setting "Do not allow signing after deadline", then after the due date, the "Sign" button will not be visible to you. Additionally, accountless signers will see the following message:
Registered Dokobit users, on the other hand, will notice a note next to their name stating, "Missed deadline to sign":