How to sign a document that was shared with you?
If you received an email invite to sign a document in the Dokobit portal and you do not have an account yet, follow the instruction below on how to register an account and sign the document you received.
1. Click on the button "Log in" in the email you received.
2. Verify your identity using one of the supported electronic identification tools. You can find more information about identity verification with different eID tools here.
3. After verifying your identity you will be brought to a new page. Accept our terms and conditions and press "Register" to continue.
4. You will be redirected to the document page where you will be able to review the document.
5. To sign the document click on the button "Sign" in the 4th step, at the bottom of the page, and proceed with signing according to the chosen eID tool.
6. After signing you will see your signature information next to your name.
What to do if you already have an account in the Dokobit portal, but you received a signing invitation to a different email address?
7. Once you click on the "Log in" button in the email invitation and verify your identity, you will see a message notifying you that you already have an account in the Dokobit portal registered with a different email address. You can choose to log in with your existing account and you will be able to review the document and sign it there.
8. If you already have a regular (free) account and would like to have another account, you can register for an unlimited number of paid accounts. However, please note that you can only have one free account.
9. If you choose to register a new paid account, you will be redirected to the billing page where you will be able to order a plan subscription applicable to your needs. You can find more information about the paid plan subscription here.
Note: You will not be able to perform any actions in the second account until it is upgraded with a paid plan subscription.
10. Once you subscribe to a paid plan, you will be able to sign the document.
In the Dokobit portal, paid plan users can allow participants to sign a document without registering to the portal. You can find more information about accountless signing here.
11. From the invitation email, you will be taken straight to the document view window, where you could see the document (or download it, if the file is not in PDF format). After choosing the preferred signing method, the document could be signed without logging into the portal.
12. If a document owner shared the document with you using your personal code, from the invitation email you will be taken to the secured document view window where you first will need to confirm your identity using the preferred authentication method. After successful authentication, you will be able to view and sign the document.
Note: the authentication will not be successful if your personal code does not match the one indicated by the document owner when sharing the document.
13. Signing can be declined by pressing the "Decline" button with the possibility to enter a decline reason.
14. If you do not have an account in the Dokobit portal, the signed document's download link will be sent to your email address once all parties sign the document. Note: the download link will be active for a week.
What to do if missed the set deadline for signing a document shared with you?
15. If the document owner has checked the box "Do not allow signing after deadline" then after the due date, you won't be able to sign this document. You won't be seeing the "Sign" button and in 3. Participants section, there is a visible note "Missed deadline to sign". If you still need to sign the document, please contact the person who is the document owner (the name is visible in 3. Participants section with the note "Document owner").