How to sign documents using Swisscom?
In this article:
Signing with Swisscom is added to the supported countries as an additional eID tool in the Dokobit portal.
To start using Swisscom, you will need to have:
- an internet connection;
- a valid ID;
- a mobile phone;
- a device with a working camera for capturing your face and ID.
How to upload and sign a document using Swisscom?
1. As soon as you register and/or log in to the Dokobit portal you will be able to upload the document for signing. Specific instructions on how to upload and sign the document can be found here.
2. At the bottom of the page, choose the Swisscom signing method - “Sign with QES”.
3. Click the green "Sign" button to proceed with the signing process.
4. You will be directed to the next step, where you will be asked to enter your first name, last name, and phone number.
5. After you enter your first name, last name, and phone number the Swisscom system will check if you are already registered on their platform or not.
- If you are already registered then please follow the instructions from Step 8 (please see below in this article).
- If you have not registered then please follow the instructions from Step 9 (please see below in this article).
How to sign documents using Swisscom when you are invited by using accountless signing?
6. You will receive an email with an invite to review and sign the shared document.
7. From the invitation email, you will be taken straight to the secured document view window. To view and sign the shared document, you first will need to confirm your identity using Swisscom. Choose the country from the supported countries list and then choose “Video-based identification (Swisscom)“. Click “Continue”.
8. Enter your first name, last name, and phone number. Click “Continue”.
9. If you are already registered on the Swisscom platform then you will be asked to verify your identity on your Mobile ID app or via SMS.
10. If the Swisscom system will not find you registered on their platform then you will be asked to do onboarding.
11. When you click “Continue” you will be directed to the next step where you will be asked to download and activate Mobile ID application. Click “Activate Mobile ID”.
12. You will be directed to a new tab in your browser. Please enter your phone number and follow the registration steps on the website.
13. Click “Activate”.
14. Download the app and scan the QR code from the website www.mobileid.ch for app activation.
15. You will see the success message of the activated device shown to you in the browser window.
16. You can close the Mobile ID tab in the browser and return to your Dokobit signing page. Click “Continue to Identity verification”.
17. Depending on the chosen country you will be able to select an identity verification method.
- Self-Ident method. Selfie-ident accepts only passports and German eID cards. You have to download the app “Nect ident“ by scanning the QR code provided and initiate your ID scanning process (SRS Direct)
- German eID. Identification is possible only with a German ID card or German residence permit (SRS eID).
- Bank Identification. You can identify yourself through a German bank account (SRS Bank)
- Video identification. You can identify yourself via a brief video call (SRS Video).
More information can be found here.
18. After successful identification the document will be signed.
How to send an invitation for a Swisscom signing?
It is possible to allow the signing or viewing of a document by using video-based identification (Electronic ID or Swisscom).
19. When the document has been uploaded and the participants have been added, make sure you tick both checkboxes in section 4 “Set document options” as per the example below:
- "Allow signing or viewing this document without Dokobit account".
- "Allow signing or viewing this document using video-based identification. The participant that does not have a Qualified Electronic Signature will have the possibility to sign or view this document using their valid ID document, phone and computer with a camera.".
20. After you click the “Continue” button the Dokobit system automatically sends the invitation link to the participants via email for the document signing.