How to start using Estonian eID (or e-Residency) card for authentication and document signing?
In order to use Estonian eID or e-Residency card for e-services such as user authentication or document signing, you would first have to prepare your computer.
1. Please download and install the required software from here if you have not already done so.
2. If the software is already installed and you still can not use Estonian eID or e-Residency card for our e-services, please follow the steps below and try again:
- Reinsert the card to the reader and check if the card reader is properly connected to the computer. Check if inserted card data is visible in the section "My eID". If you get an error message "No card in card reader", please see how to check that your ID card reader is working, here.
- If the DigiDoc4 client successfully reads the data of the document in the card reader, but it is not possible to enter e-services, the reason for the malfunctions may be a third-party software program installed on the computer. Please follow the instructions here.
- Restart your computer.
- If you are using macOS and find that only some e-services open but others do not, then this may be a case of your web browser using the wrong certificate for authentication in the e-service. Please follow the instructions here.
- If you are using a company computer or trying to log in from the company network, which the company administrates, please contact your IT support to check whether the network, firewall and/or antivirus software does not prevent you from using Dokobit portal. To check if your firewall allows requests to the portal, please visit the page here - if you're asked to insert PIN1, then your firewall is not preventing you from opening the portal. If you're not asked to insert a PIN, please contact your IT support.
- Check if auth.dokobit.com:443 is whitelisted in your network proxy settings. If you are using a company computer or trying to log in from the company network, which the company administrates, please contact your IT support to check that and if needed make changes there.
- If you still cannot use your Estonian eID or e-Residency card for our e-services, please contact us.
To sign more than one document at the same time (more information about batch actions can be found here) using Estonian eID or e-Residency card in the Dokobit portal:
4. If you are using Windows operating system, please download and install the relevant browser extension from here and install the below smart card drivers:
Note: With Estonian ID cards, batch signing is only possible with some ID card software versions. The newest software versions do not support batch signing.
If you still experience issues with batch signing, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.