How to get and start using itsme for authentication and document signing?
Itsme is an application that can be used for authentication and document signing in various e-services. To be able to use itsme, you must first download the Itsme app in the App Store; Google Play or Huawei App Gallery. Then link your identity details to your account. You can read more about itsme here.
There are different ways to create your itsme account:
1. For Belgians:
- Through itsme's partner banks: Belfius, BNP Paribas Fortis, ING, KBC. Start now with your bank.
- Via the itsme website with your eID and your eID card reader. Start now with your eID. In order to use a Belgium eID card for e-services such as user authentication or document signing, you would first have to prepare your computer. First please download and install the "Dokobit" browser extension from here if you have not already done so. Next, please download and install eID drivers for your operating system from here if you have not already done so.
2. For Dutch people:
- Via the app with your identity card or passport (with NFC).
How to use itsme in the Dokobit portal?
1. Choose Belgium from the supported countries list in the portal.
2. Choose itsme from the supported eID list.
3. You will be redirected to an identification page. Please enter your phone number and click on "Send".
4. Open your itsme app and click "Log in".
5. Click "Confirm".
6. Enter your itsme code.
7. You will get a successful identification message and you can proceed to the Dokobit portal.