Approval is a formal consent with a document content by an authorized person. The legal validity of the approval within the organization must be defined by the internal company regulations.
The approval feature in the Dokobit portal is available to "Business" and "Enterprise" plan users.
To invite someone to approve the document
1. While uploading the document to the Dokobit portal, choose participant role "Approval".
2. The person invited to approve the document will get the notification email and will see the document in their document list.
3. When the document is already uploaded you can share it with additional people by clicking the "Share" button at the top of the page, share the document using your address book, personal code or email and choose approver's role in the sharing overview.
4. When the document is already uploaded you can also switch a participant role through document access management.
To approve or decline a document
5. Open the document you uploaded or were invited to approve and click the "Approve" button at the top of the page.
6. You will be redirected to the bottom of the page. Click the "Approve" button at the bottom of the page and confirm your action one more time. Note: you can not cancel your approval once it is done.
7. After approving the document you will see your approval information next to your name.
8. If you do not want to approve the document, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Decline to approve". A pop-up window will open up where you can enter the reason for declining the document.
9. Other participants and you will see the decline information next to your name.
Note: the signing process can be continued even if you declined to approve the document and the final document status will depend on the decision of signers.
10. You can change your decision about declining the document. Open the document and scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Approve anyway".
11. After you approve the document, the information about the previous decline will no longer be visible next to your name. Note: you can not cancel your approval once it is done.