How to get and start using Lithuanian eID card or USB token for authentication and document signing?
Lithuanian citizens should contact the Migration Department in order to get an eID card issued or "Registrų centras" to get the USB token issued.
In order to start using a Lithuanian eID card or USB token for e-services such as user authentication or document signing, you would first have to have an appropriate card reader and prepare your computer.
1. Please download and install the "Dokobit" browser extension from here if you have not already done so.
2. Please download and install eID drivers for your operating system from here if you have not already done so.
3. If all necessary software is already installed and you still can not use e-Signature, please follow the steps below and try again:
- If you use eID card, reinsert the card to the reader and check if the card reader is properly connected to the computer.
- If you use USB token, reconnect it to your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- If you still cannot use e-Signature, please contact us.
Usually, to log in or sign documents with an eID card you will be asked to choose the country, which provided the eID certificate, then in a newly opened window, you will have to choose your certificate and confirm the action by entering your PIN code.