How to start using Polish eID card or USB token for authentication and document signing?
In order to use Polish Certum eID card or USB token for e-services such as user authentication or document signing you would firstly have to get an appropriate card reader and prepare your computer.
1. Please download and install "Dokobit" browser extension from here if you have not already done so.
2. Please download and install eID drivers for your operating system from here if you have not already done so.
3. If all necessary software is already installed and you still can not use e-Signature, please follow the steps below and try again:
- If you use eID card, reinsert the card to the reader and check if the card reader is properly connected to the computer.
- If you use USB token, reconnect it to your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- If you still cannot use e-Signature, please contact us.
Usually to log in or sign documents with an eID card you will be asked to choose the country, which provided the eID certificate, then in a newly opened window you will have to choose your certificate and confirm the action by entering your PIN code.
Note: Polish signature creation hardware tokens create an advanced electronic signature. If you are not able to sign a document, it might mean that the document requires qualified electronic signatures.