How to validate already signed document?
In the Dokobit portal you can easily validate signed documents (e. g. signed elsewhere; you received them from your foreign business partner by email etc.). In other words you can confirm the legitimacy of the signatures in the document according to the eIDAS Regulation (Regulation (EU) N°910/2014). More information about eIDAS regulation can be found here.
There are two types of signatures and seals you can validate - advanced and qualified.
Advanced - based on a qualified certificate and has a legal effect and admissibility as evidence in legal proceedings.
Qualified - has equivalent legal effect of a handwritten signature.
In the Dokobit portal you can choose whether you would like to validate both advanced and qualified signatures and seals in the document or only qualified electronic signatures and seals. If you choose the first option, it's a less strict validation, where advanced signatures will be recognised as valid and the second option is stricter, where only qualified signatures will be recognised as valid. You can validate document signatures backed by certificates issued within any EU/EEA member state.
To validate a document
1. Log in to the portal and click the "Validate document" button, located at the very top of the page.
2. Select a validation policy - whether you are going to check the validity of all electronic signatures and seals or only qualified electronic signatures.
3. There are two ways to upload the document in section no. 2: you can drag and drop it to the grey upload area or you can use "Browse" button to locate and upload a file from your computer.
4. After document upload you will see document validity information:
- Section no. 1 provides general document information, whether the signature is valid, document title and document format.
- Section no. 2 defines the content of the document. If it is a PDF file, you can review it by clicking the title of the document.
- Section no. 3 shows the list of document signers. By clicking the blue arrow next to every persons name, you can review signature and certificate information.
- Click "Sign document" button in section no. 4 to sign this uploaded document yourself.
5. You can also download a signature confirmation sheet by clicking the button "Confirmation sheet" that is located in the action bar at the top of the page. Validity confirmation sheet will be opened in a separate window and you can print or download signature validity confirmation sheet from this page.